Thursday 21 June 2012

Today finds me back home-for a week already, actually-and for us the show season starts tomorrow.
Rimbey has its annual open horse show this weekend and we'll be on the grounds shooting, printing and if tradition stands, setting up jumps and running general errands(the show organizer is a real slave-driver!!) Actually, she's a good friend of ours, a dedicated horsewoman and an organizing Tyrannosaurus. Among other things, she's responsible for this and several other horse shows, and has recently been getting quite involved with hot air ballooning, with the highly successful Rimbey Hot Air Affair 2012 under her belt this year already. hats-off to Lynn Johnson for all her hard work organizing(and also competing in!!) these events.
So, since Lynn has had my nose to the grindstone(that, and a bad knee that has depleted both the local doctors patience and the clinics supply of cortisone and freezing) I've had little chance to post much of any interest lately.
I suspect by tomorrow night we'll have some great new material, but today I'm going to fall back on two of my favourite subjects-my girls and birds in general.
The first picture is a rare shot of a Red-Tailed Hawk, actually co-operating with me and holding still while I got a few shots. (For the spoilers among you who will call me on it, yes, he's a juvie, so that is probably why he stayed for pictures!!!)

The second picture is from The Blindman Valley Pony Club practise last night at the always- accommodating WW ranches in Bluffton, Ab. The subject is my daughter Sydney and her pony, "Rocky". Rocky is a recovering laminitic horse whom my wife has spent the last 3 years diligently trimming and coaxing back from near-total founder. Syd is determined to ride her, so last year we got her some dandy boots and she's been the talk of pony club since.
She is the absolute postcard example of a "pony clubber" in my eyes. A girl who loves her horse for no reasons of breeding, skill or experience. She want to ride her because she's HER horse, and they're on a journey together. Good luck tomorrow, Kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment