Saturday 9 June 2012

A boring saturday night in the Peace country. I was thrilled when Matt came to my shack last night to tell me a cow moose was on the lease.
 OK, that may need a little explaining. I've been on the hands recently about not calling me when something photo-worthy happens. There has been way too many incidents of "hey did you see  " X"   last night"..
So, true to his mission, Matt comes knocking last night to say that there's a moose about to come on the lease. That's all he says, then gone!!!
Okay, It's a moose, so granted she wasn't too hard to find. And, she wasn't the most handsome girl in the moose stable. But the coolest thing was that she wasn't afraid of me!!
I set up initially about 100yds away from her, thinking that she would traverse , but as luck would have it, she kept moving towards me. I whistled to her every time she seemed apprehensive, and go figure, she kept coming closer!
She's a scraggly, emaciated tic-infested girl, but she has a moose "smile" as big as a house, and I think she's beautiful! love the eyelashes!!

Happy saturday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment