Thursday 7 June 2012

I've spent the last few days lamenting about how far behind I've gotten with all things computer related.
Probably not an uncommon complaint, especially among people such as us. We have Facebook, Twitter, +google, websites blogs and who knows what else. I don't know about you, but if I manage to get something posted on at least one of those services I feel like I'm miles ahead!
Today's post is not so much of a post as a test. I've actually buckled down and tried to get some of these services linked, associated and whatever other services there are to allow all these social media choices to play nice together. While I'm not holding my breath, I think its a step in the right direction. For those of you who may be associated with me on more than one of the above-mentioned sites, please disregard the redundancy that will probably follow!
For anyone who cares, Ive tried the following approach. This blog has now been linked to my +google account, which in turn is set up(hopefully!) to post automatically to my Facebook page. It will also automatically update my twitter account. So, providing I haven't accidentally set up some crazy circular link whereby it ends up chasing its own tail, I should be away to the races.
I invite anyone who has some experience in this area to step in and comment. Good, bad or otherwise, I'd love to hear your take on this. We all know the growing importance of social media in our photographic success, but getting it set up correctly seems to be a modern mystery to anyone over the age of 18!!
As I mentioned last post, the show season is getting into full swing. So far, i'm certain to be shooting at Rimbey, Didsbury, Blufton, SpruceView. My "assistant" has promised that we'll need to put on our seat belts for the plans she has in store, but so far she is playing her cards pretty close to her chest.
Time will tell. For today, here's a working copy of the ad for the Rimbey Horse Show 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment