Wednesday 29 February 2012

I made the trip back home yesterday. For a change, I found some very co-operative birds and the weather for the most part was fairly decent. My first lucky find was the Bald Eagle who had been sharing a brunch on White-tailed Deer with a few un-cooperative Ravens. This guy flew up into a snag behind the carcass and seemed content to let me get a few shots of him. About an hour later, I saw what I thought was a grocery bag way up in a poplar tree. I had been speaking with a friend just yesterday who has been actively shooting Snowy Owls, but so far I have not seen a one. I pulled over, and sure enough thats what it was. I stomped out into the hay field and got pretty much underneath this fellow before he decided to leave. It was a good trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment