Monday 16 January 2012

What with today's temperatures dropping to -30(without the wind) I thought I'd offer a picture of what winter can be like with the right conditions. Obviously, this was last year, when mid-january saw us up to our armpits in snow!
Winter shooting brings with it a host of extra problems, most of them cold related. Personally, I like to keep my gear outside for the duration of the shoot. I've not yet run into fogging problems as the equipment cools down to the ambient air temperature and unless you accidentally breathe on your glass while outside, it should stay that way. Keep a spare battery in an inside pocket, swap them out when they start to fail and you should be fine for the day. I find the Cotton Carrier to be a reliable and robust transport system year-round for any type of active shooting, and skiing/snowshoeing/snowmobiling are no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment